Friday, December 11, 2009

If I went to see a dermatologist for my acne, would my family's insurance cover it?

I'm in 7th grade, so I don't know much about insurance, but as I've been searching through previously asked questions, a lot of them are asking about making a dermatologist appointment w/o insurance. Will my family's insurance cover the appointment?If I went to see a dermatologist for my acne, would my family's insurance cover it?
Yes, it should. A dermatologist is a Dr. and your health plan should cover that. You might be in a HMO and if that is the case you would have to get a referral from your regular ';primary care'; dr but that isn't hard. If you don't have an HMO then your plan might give you a list of dermatologists to choose from and if you go to one of them you're only charged a small fee.





It sounds like a lot but it boils down to yes. So ask your parents it should be no big deal at all.





Good luckIf I went to see a dermatologist for my acne, would my family's insurance cover it?
You would need to have your parents look at their insurance policy and/or call the doctor but it will probably cover the appointment.
typically in the package that they give you, there is a list of the services that are covered. they will tell you what dr.s in their network (list of dr.s that they approve for services) will accept the insurance and will provide what you need. they should also tell you how much you will have to pay as a co-pay (if your parents insurance has any). and they will also tell you (some of them do) how much they will cover if you go to see a dr. outside of the network that they provided to you.





it's not difficult to read. you could just ask your parents if you can read it to get the info. or you can ask them what insurance plan do you belong to and you could go online and look at the insurance website. the info is normally there.
It should be no problem if the doctor you plan to see takes your insurance. if so then its no big deal. just make sure they accept your insurance. but even if they dont, any perscriptions written for you, your insurance will cover usually.
If your parents have a family plan, then it is very easy to find out. Have one of your parents call the Dr. and see if their plan covers this. I think so.
if your insurance doesnt cover for the dermatologist visit, they should cover a visit to your doctor or pediatrician who will also be able to prescribe you an acne remedy....some insurance companies also cover the medicine itself
Only you can answer this question ask your family to read their Policy,I hope it is covered,I have had issues like this,


and my Insurance did cover some of it.Best of Luck/...
Your parents insurance? Honestly.. think about this.. I understand you won't know much about health insurance; that's a given being a child. Then again, you're in 7th grade.. think about this..





Why on Earth would you ask over the internet if your parent's selected insurance would cover dermatology? Why would you not first ask your parents?





They selected the insurance; if it is company policy on the insurance, your parents would obviously have read up and learned about said insurance.. ask them.





In all honesty.. depends on the insurance. Some cover dermatology, some don't. ASK YOUR PARENTS!!!!! If your dad/mom don't know, make them ask their boss or insurance company; DON'T ASK PEOPLE ONLINE!! They will have no clue what your parents' insurance policy will or will not cover. Or if your parents even have insurance (don't scoff that; how many of the American population don't have insurance.. take a poll, I will guarandamntee the majority of America's population don't have insurance.. of any kind)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher