Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dermatologist or store bought acne treatment?

I've had acne for about 4 - 5 years. Would seeing a dermatologist be the best thing to do? or should I just try different products that are on the market? Also, I'm always embarassed to talk to my parents about this sort of thing, so if I should ask to see a dermatologist, how should I do it?





I'm 17 years old, that may make a difference. Considering adolescense is coming to an end.Dermatologist or store bought acne treatment?
I have had acne for years and tried everything.The best thing I found was fibre and lots of water. I drink at least two litres a day. You have to pee a lot but it's better than acne.Dermatologist or store bought acne treatment?
If your acne is mild I would probably try some over the counter products. I used to check the site ';acne.org'; to get informed about acne and specific products. I think it's worth to research products and compare them before you decide to purchase them. Also be careful where you do your research.


If I were you and since you are 17 years old, I would definitely talk to my parents and explain how I feel. I think it's best if you go to a dermatologist. I am sure a dermatologist can help you a lot.


My acne started when I was 24, yeah I know, when you leave adolescence you think it's over but it was not my case! Everybody is different and I am sure your acne will go away :-)


I also notice that eating certain foods would aggravate my acne. I know some people believe diet has an effect on your acne and some don't. From my experience certain foods made it worst. I truly believe that nobody knows your body like you!


Good luck!
hHave you tried your GP? a course of antibiotics may be perscribed and can be quite successful.I too had this problem when i was a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher