Sunday, December 13, 2009

Can a dermatologist prescribe me birth control pills for my acne?

I've tried everything from prescription meds to OTC products (cleansers, gels, creams, Proactiv) and nothing helps. I've been using benzoyl peroxide cleanser for over a month and my face just gets worse. I don't want to take antibiotics. Could the derm prescribe bc or would I have to see a gyno first?Can a dermatologist prescribe me birth control pills for my acne?
My dermatologist prescribes birth control pills for my acne, and they work, too.





Just make sure your dermatologist knows what other medications you take, and that your other docs know that you're taking the bc pills.





Good luck!Can a dermatologist prescribe me birth control pills for my acne?
There are more downsides to it then advantages, The pill will also not protect young girls very good against getting pregnant.





Please try my method. Drink buttered milk. and keep drinking it every day. Helps within days. You may need a diet without snacks, chocolate etc.
no the derm can give u the bc without getting u to see the gyn. u will be given a lo dosage pill. be very regular and give them a couple of months to work.
You would probably have to get it from your primary doctor or a gynecologist since it effects so much more than just your skin even though that may be reason for taking it.
I thought only doctors did that and sometimes they are very reluctant to

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher